Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! It is the Thursday before Thanksgiving and already I’m feeling the warmth and joy that comes from absurd overeating with loved ones. So, in preparation for Thanksgiving Day I would like to share a few things that I am most thankful for. Naturally, I am extraordinarily thankful for ALL the things you would expect any sane individual with a heart & soul should be thankful for! In a nutshell, I am thankful for my health, my home, my family, my friends, and for having a really good job in this shitty ass economy.

Outside of the “nutshell”….

1.) I am thankful for this opportunity called life. For the good times that bring laughter, love and memories and for the bad times that bring some bogus ass learning experience that try to teach us to just deal with the shit or don’t let it happen again.

2.) I am thankful for reality TV because people should absolutely be exploited if they’re going to be that unbelievably ridiculous!

3.) I am thankful for microwave ovens because without them I would starve.

4.) I am thankful for the mounds of shoes that frustrate my husband as they fall out of the closet because let’s face it… Shoes Are Fabulous!

5.) I am thankful for strong thighs and the ability to hover over a public toilet seat, as in a recent trip to Montreal I discovered that the French-Canadian do not believe in protective seat covers. (gross)

6.) I am thankful that I am not French-Canadian

7.) I am thankful for animal testing and the wonderful make-up products that are a result of Thumpers unselfish giving. The world would be a fiercely ugly place without the generosity of these animals.

8.) I am thankful for alcohol and the beautiful gift of impaired judgment that it bestows upon its consumer. (Within a safe environment of course)

9.) I am thankful for credit cards and the magical world of instant gratification they bring from the unholy realm of debt.

10.) I am thankful for computers, the internet, and blogging because of the delicious distraction they bring during the work day.

So… What are YOU thankful for?

2 comments:

Brianna said...

Thanks to Rajesh you didn't get crabs in Canada. I knew we worked our butt off for something :)2-2-2-2

Lesley said...

You're absolutely right! I'm thankful for Rajesh! (haha)