Thursday, January 8, 2009

CELEBRATE!



This Saturday we will be celebrating the thirteenth anniversary of my 25th birthday! Lucky 13! YIPPEE!!!! I love a good party and this year will be no exception. We’re slated to have an evening of immeasurable fun and debauchery surrounded by many of our very most favorite delinquents!

This year I celebrate with fellow Capricorn, Jennifer! From left to right she’s sexy beotch #3 and her b-day is the 13th! (The 13th? I’m seeing a pattern of mischief developing here!)




Fun Facts: The earliest birthday parties were held because people believed evil spirits were particularly attracted to people on their birthdays. (Attracted!?! Hell I invite those little demons in with every Jager shot!)



At first it was only kings who were recognized as important enough to have a birthday celebration. To protect them from harm, friends and family would come to be with the birthday person and bring good thoughts and wishes. (They’re supposed to protect us from harm? Hmmmm… I may have to rethink the invitees.)

Giving gifts brought even more good cheer to ward off the evil spirits. As time went by, children became included in birthday celebrations. The tradition of children's birthday parties first started in Germany, Kinderfeste. (Germans… Parties... Jagermeister… Coincidence? I think not.)

The largest private birthday party to ever happen was in 1970 for Colonel Harlan Sanders' 89th birthday. The event was attended by over 35,000 people. (Wooooo… People knew how to parTAY in 1970! Look out! That had to be some damn fine fried chicken!)







2 comments:

Brianna said...

Happy almost bday!! I can't wait for the party pictures to show up. Maybe Travis will figure out how to send them so we can get the real close ups.

Laurie said...

Oh great! I've been invited to join in the party fun, but first I have to find a bra that will put my boobs back under my chin. Thanks Lesley...oh and I will never look at the colonel or fried chicken in the same way again!!LOL!